The ABA is once again proud to help sponsor the Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival in Harlingen, Texas. Among many birders across the continent, this is the high point of the birding year, an opportunity to renew friendships among the fantastic weather and phenomenal birds of South Texas.
In addition to having a presence on the trade show floor, the ABA will also be involved in a couple additional events during the week, both of which look to be a lot of fun.
You’ve likely already heard about the inaugural ABA Young Birder track, a series of field trips over the course of the week aimed specifically at appealing to birders aged 13 to 18.
But the second is open to every member of the ABA attending the festival. On the opening night of the festival please join the ABA for an Sundowner event at beautiful Los Ebanos Preserve in San Benito, Texas, hosted by ABA President Jeff Gordon and first lady/adjutant/magician Liz Gordon and joined by webmaster Greg Neise, Winging It editor Michael Retter, Young Birder Program liaison Jennie Duberstein and hopefully lots of ABA members from all over the continent.
If you’re a member, come on out! If you’re not yet a member but you’d still like to attend the event, all you have to do is join.
If you plan on coming out, please RSVP via this link.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- The American Birding Association and the American Birding Expo Need You - September 2, 2015 8:00
- #ABArare – Little Bunting, Dark-sided Flycatcher – Alaska - September 1, 2015 8:00
- Blog Birding #241 - August 31, 2015 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: August 28, 2015 - August 28, 2015 8:00
- #ABArare – Willow Warbler – Alaska - August 25, 2015 8:00