And here I thought I was done writing about Hurricane Sandy…
A probable Herald Petrel (Code 3) was found on Nov 3 along a road under someone’s mailbox near Hollidaysburg, PA, south of Altoona. [At this time, I do not know who found it.] It was taken to Centre Wildlife Care where it was found to be severely underweight. The prognosis is not good. [Update: The bird did not survive.]
This will be a first state record. The only Pterodroma currently on the Pennsylvania checklist is Black-capped Petrel.
Photo by Mike Lanzone. More photos are available at Nemesis Bird.
Latest posts by John Puschock (see all)
- #ABArare – Ross’s Gull – Iowa - December 2, 2013 8:29
- #ABArare – Red-footed Booby – Florida - November 2, 2013 2:03
- #ABArare – Common Swift – California - October 31, 2013 1:51
- #ABArare – Tundra Bean-Goose – California - October 21, 2013 3:49
- #ABArare – Blue-footed Booby – British Columbia - October 2, 2013 1:58