And here I thought I was done writing about Hurricane Sandy…
A probable Herald Petrel (Code 3) was found on Nov 3 along a road under someone’s mailbox near Hollidaysburg, PA, south of Altoona. [At this time, I do not know who found it.] It was taken to Centre Wildlife Care where it was found to be severely underweight. The prognosis is not good. [Update: The bird did not survive.]
This will be a first state record. The only Pterodroma currently on the Pennsylvania checklist is Black-capped Petrel.
Photo by Mike Lanzone. More photos are available at Nemesis Bird.
Latest posts by John Puschock (see all)
- Dispatches from Attu: Making Lemonade - June 11, 2014 8:00
- Dispatches from Attu: The Finding of the Snipe - June 5, 2014 8:00
- Dispatch from Attu: To the End of the Aleutians - June 3, 2014 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: January 31, 2014 - January 31, 2014 8:00
- #ABArare – Crimson-collared Grosbeak – Texas - January 20, 2014 2:47