Not that birders need a specific day to think about birds, today, at least in the United States, is the one holiday on the calender that ostensibly promotes birds amongst the rest of the population. Granted this appreciation is primarily gustatory in nature, but it's something.
The ABA would like to with you and yours a happy and healthy day full of friends, family, and winter finches.
For those looking for some turkey-related reading this holiday, please head over to 10,000 Birds, where Greg Laden offers a fascinating overview of how this wild bird became domesticated and then wild again. It's a good read.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- #ABArare – Common (Siberian) Chiffchaff – Alaska - September 3, 2015 8:00
- The American Birding Association and the American Birding Expo Need You - September 2, 2015 8:00
- #ABArare – Little Bunting, Dark-sided Flycatcher – Alaska - September 1, 2015 8:00
- Blog Birding #241 - August 31, 2015 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: August 28, 2015 - August 28, 2015 8:00