Not that birders need a specific day to think about birds, today, at least in the United States, is the one holiday on the calender that ostensibly promotes birds amongst the rest of the population. Granted this appreciation is primarily gustatory in nature, but it's something.
The ABA would like to with you and yours a happy and healthy day full of friends, family, and winter finches.
For those looking for some turkey-related reading this holiday, please head over to 10,000 Birds, where Greg Laden offers a fascinating overview of how this wild bird became domesticated and then wild again. It's a good read.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Blog Birding #208 - October 20, 2014 8:00
- Open Mic: A New World Big Day Record – 354 Species! - October 18, 2014 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: October 17, 2014 - October 17, 2014 8:00
- The ABA Survey, Help the ABA Better Serve Birders! - October 15, 2014 12:00
- A week on St. Paul, An ABA Rarity Hunt Roundup - October 14, 2014 8:00