Not that birders need a specific day to think about birds, today, at least in the United States, is the one holiday on the calender that ostensibly promotes birds amongst the rest of the population. Granted this appreciation is primarily gustatory in nature, but it's something.
The ABA would like to with you and yours a happy and healthy day full of friends, family, and winter finches.
For those looking for some turkey-related reading this holiday, please head over to 10,000 Birds, where Greg Laden offers a fascinating overview of how this wild bird became domesticated and then wild again. It's a good read.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Blog Birding #304 - January 23, 2017 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: January 20, 2017 - January 20, 2017 8:00
- 2017 AOS Classification Committee Proposals, Part 1 - January 19, 2017 8:00
- Make Plans Now for the 2017 American Birding Expo - January 18, 2017 8:00
- #ABArare – Falcated Duck – Washington - January 17, 2017 8:00