Not that birders need a specific day to think about birds, today, at least in the United States, is the one holiday on the calender that ostensibly promotes birds amongst the rest of the population. Granted this appreciation is primarily gustatory in nature, but it's something.
The ABA would like to with you and yours a happy and healthy day full of friends, family, and winter finches.
For those looking for some turkey-related reading this holiday, please head over to 10,000 Birds, where Greg Laden offers a fascinating overview of how this wild bird became domesticated and then wild again. It's a good read.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Rare Bird Alert: December 9, 2016 - December 9, 2016 8:00
- An Opportunity to Help ‘Elepaios in Hawaii - December 8, 2016 8:00
- Introducing ABA Song Bird Coffee from Thanksgiving Coffee - December 7, 2016 8:00
- Blog Birding #299 - December 5, 2016 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: December 2, 2016 - December 2, 2016 8:00