If you’re a Facebooking birder (and not everyone is) with an interest in how this new social media world applies to rarity finding, the American Birding Association has created a new Facebook group dedicated to the sharing and discussion of rarities from the ABA Area and Hawaii.
Birders from all over the continent, and indeed the world, are welcome to join and contribute. In fact, the more members we have from across North America, the better the group will be at monitoring vagrant occurrence across the continent. The group is called ABA Rare Bird Alert.
So come join 900+ fellow North American birders as we revel in rarities and live vicariously through vagrants across the continent at ABA Rare Bird Alert!
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Big Year Records Busted in 2014 - January 28, 2015 8:00
- Blog Birding #219 - January 26, 2015 8:00
- #ABArare – Gray-crowned Yellowthroat – Texas - January 25, 2015 7:00
- Rare Bird Alert: January 23, 2015 - January 23, 2015 8:00
- An Interview with Dorian Anderson, pedal-powered Big Year champ - January 20, 2015 8:00