Here is the second of two quiz photos appearing on p. 72 of the November 2012 issue of Birding magazine:
I see five birds in the image. What are they?
First, we need to agree on who’s who. We’ll call the three dark-backed birds, left to right, Birds #1, #2, and #3. We’ll call the paler-backed bird, rear right, more-or-less facing us, Bird #4. And we’ll call that bit of a bird’s head, front right, Bird #5.
These birds were photographed at Cape May, New Jersey, in September.
Here’s something that’s both a challenge and a subtle clue: Where was Bird #3 hatched?
Don’t just rattle off a bunch of answers. Tell us, please, how you arrived at your answers. I’m looking forward to the learning experience!
Latest posts by Ted Floyd (see all)
- Photo Quiz: February 2015 Birding - February 5, 2015 8:00
- Gluttons for Knowledge - January 7, 2015 6:08
- Great Expectations - January 6, 2015 8:00
- Photo Quiz, November/December 2014 Birding - December 31, 2014 8:00
- 25th Report of the ABA Checklist Committee, 2013–2014 - December 24, 2014 8:00