Here is the second of two quiz photos appearing on p. 72 of the November 2012 issue of Birding magazine:
I see five birds in the image. What are they?
First, we need to agree on who’s who. We’ll call the three dark-backed birds, left to right, Birds #1, #2, and #3. We’ll call the paler-backed bird, rear right, more-or-less facing us, Bird #4. And we’ll call that bit of a bird’s head, front right, Bird #5.
These birds were photographed at Cape May, New Jersey, in September.
Here’s something that’s both a challenge and a subtle clue: Where was Bird #3 hatched?
Don’t just rattle off a bunch of answers. Tell us, please, how you arrived at your answers. I’m looking forward to the learning experience!
Latest posts by Ted Floyd (see all)
- Chiffchaffs and Wood-rails and Demoiselle Cranes, Oh My! - November 26, 2013 8:00
- Advice to a Young Birder - November 20, 2013 8:00
- Sitting on the Split Rail Fence - October 27, 2013 8:00
- The Digital Divide—Not - October 26, 2013 9:10
- Magnanimity - October 23, 2013 3:45