After Robert Mortensen's goofy, fun, 2013 Bird of the Year introduction yesterday, we'd like to present the lovely paintings that Andrew Guttenberg did for use in the Bird of the Year program. Above is the portrait that will grace the coming issue of Birding.
Below is the head study Andrew did on which we based the Bird of the Year stickers.
I'll end with a shot of Andrew and me taken just a couple of days ago in Bozeman, Montana, where Andrew lives and attends Montana State University. We had a really fun conversation about these paintings, Common Nighthawks in general, and Andrew's development and plans as a bird artist. Look for that interview here soon.
Thanks, Andrew, for helping us honor the Common Nighthawk in style!
Latest posts by Jeff Gordon (see all)
- Your Support Makes All the Difference! - December 1, 2016 10:00
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Will We Add Hawaii to the ABA Area? - September 7, 2016 8:00
- Only Eleven More Months Until The Biggest Week 2017! - June 16, 2016 8:00
- Malheur: Why It Matters and What Birders Can Do About It - January 10, 2016 8:00
- Small Town Unites to Aid Baby Flicker - July 4, 2015 8:00