This image has been kicking around on the ABA’s Facebook profilesfor the last week, but it certainly deserves wider exposure. Soon after Bird of the Year coordinator Robert Mortensen released his really fun announcement video, he put his photoshopping skills to good use to create a Richard Crossley-style field guide plate acting as the 2013’s BOY, the Common Nighthawk.
The result, a moment of true birding brilliance.
As you can see, we’re pretty excited about the Common Nighthawk here at the ABA, and we hope you are too.
Just like last year, we’ll shortly be announcing the start of a Multimedia Art Contest wherein you can send us your most creative Common Nighthawk photos, artwork, songs, poetry and prose. But take note, our Bird of the Year coordinator has set the bar very high, indeed.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Rare Bird Alert: September 4, 2015 - September 4, 2015 8:00
- #ABArare – Common (Siberian) Chiffchaff – Alaska - September 3, 2015 8:00
- The American Birding Association and the American Birding Expo Need You - September 2, 2015 8:00
- #ABArare – Little Bunting, Dark-sided Flycatcher – Alaska - September 1, 2015 8:00
- Blog Birding #241 - August 31, 2015 8:00