This image has been kicking around on the ABA’s Facebook profilesfor the last week, but it certainly deserves wider exposure. Soon after Bird of the Year coordinator Robert Mortensen released his really fun announcement video, he put his photoshopping skills to good use to create a Richard Crossley-style field guide plate acting as the 2013’s BOY, the Common Nighthawk.
The result, a moment of true birding brilliance.
As you can see, we’re pretty excited about the Common Nighthawk here at the ABA, and we hope you are too.
Just like last year, we’ll shortly be announcing the start of a Multimedia Art Contest wherein you can send us your most creative Common Nighthawk photos, artwork, songs, poetry and prose. But take note, our Bird of the Year coordinator has set the bar very high, indeed.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Blog Birding #208 - October 20, 2014 8:00
- Open Mic: A New World Big Day Record – 354 Species! - October 18, 2014 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: October 17, 2014 - October 17, 2014 8:00
- The ABA Survey, Help the ABA Better Serve Birders! - October 15, 2014 12:00
- A week on St. Paul, An ABA Rarity Hunt Roundup - October 14, 2014 8:00