It has happened to every birder at one point or another. A great bird is seen, maybe even a lifer, and in the wake of the initial euphoria a single question is posed.
“Is it countable?”
Thankfully for those birders not interested in wading through the official rules on countability, Nick Lund of the irreverent birding blog The Birdist has created the ultimate flowchart that every birder who has ever asked that question, or even those who haven’t, should have a look at.
If your quandry has not yet been settled, you’ll need to head over to The Birdist for the resolution.
It’s well, well worth your time.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Blog Birding #275 - May 23, 2016 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: May 20, 2016 - May 20, 2016 8:00
- 2016 State of the Birds Calls for Continent-wide Commitment to Bird Conservation - May 18, 2016 2:00
- ABA Area Big Years In Progress: May 2016 Update - May 17, 2016 8:00
- Blog Birding #274 - May 16, 2016 8:00