It has happened to every birder at one point or another. A great bird is seen, maybe even a lifer, and in the wake of the initial euphoria a single question is posed.
“Is it countable?”
Thankfully for those birders not interested in wading through the official rules on countability, Nick Lund of the irreverent birding blog The Birdist has created the ultimate flowchart that every birder who has ever asked that question, or even those who haven’t, should have a look at.
If your quandry has not yet been settled, you’ll need to head over to The Birdist for the resolution.
It’s well, well worth your time.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Rare Bird Alert: October 31, 2014 - October 31, 2014 8:00
- Help Prevent Bird WIndow Collisions with The Bird and WIndows Project - October 30, 2014 8:00
- Help the ABA, Win Stuff (x2) - October 29, 2014 8:00
- #ABArare – Eurasian Hobby- Washington - October 28, 2014 8:00
- #ABArare – Bahama Swallow – Florida - October 27, 2014 2:10