It has happened to every birder at one point or another. A great bird is seen, maybe even a lifer, and in the wake of the initial euphoria a single question is posed.
“Is it countable?”
Thankfully for those birders not interested in wading through the official rules on countability, Nick Lund of the irreverent birding blog The Birdist has created the ultimate flowchart that every birder who has ever asked that question, or even those who haven’t, should have a look at.
If your quandry has not yet been settled, you’ll need to head over to The Birdist for the resolution.
It’s well, well worth your time.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Rare Bird Alert: July 29, 2016 - July 29, 2016 8:00
- Local Big Year Birder Helps Discover New Whale Species - July 28, 2016 8:00
- Blog Birding #281 - July 25, 2016 8:00
- #ABArare – Great Knot – Maine - July 24, 2016 7:54
- Rare Bird Alert: July 22, 2016 - July 22, 2016 8:00