It has happened to every birder at one point or another. A great bird is seen, maybe even a lifer, and in the wake of the initial euphoria a single question is posed.
“Is it countable?”
Thankfully for those birders not interested in wading through the official rules on countability, Nick Lund of the irreverent birding blog The Birdist has created the ultimate flowchart that every birder who has ever asked that question, or even those who haven’t, should have a look at.
If your quandry has not yet been settled, you’ll need to head over to The Birdist for the resolution.
It’s well, well worth your time.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- 2016 Duck Stamp on Sale NOW. Make Birder Voices Heard. - June 27, 2016 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: June 24, 2016 - June 24, 2016 8:00
- Into the Home Stretch: $2500 Matching Challenge for ABA’s Nesting Season Appeal Announced! - June 23, 2016 8:00
- ABA Area Big Years: June Update - June 22, 2016 8:00
- Blog Birding #278 - June 20, 2016 8:00