Richard Wilson found a Blue-footed Booby (Code 4) at Patagonia Lake State Park near Nogales on Aug 15. This is the first photo-documented record for southeast Arizona and the ABA Area's second in as many weeks. Last week's Blue-footed, which was in New Mexico, was taken to a rehabber several days ago, so this latest report is certainly a different individual.
The Blue-footed Booby was seen again on Aug 16 and 17. On the 16th, it was seen flying by the beach area on the east side of the lake and also near the dam on the west side (map here). On the morning of the 17th, it was on the west side. Watch the Arizona/New Mexico listserv for updates.
Patagonia Lake State Park is about 10 miles northeast of Nogales. There is a fee to enter ($10 for one person). Camp sites are available for an additional fee.
Latest posts by John Puschock (see all)
- #ABArare – Collared Plover – Texas - August 2, 2014 4:52
- Dispatches from Attu: Making Lemonade - June 11, 2014 8:00
- Dispatches from Attu: The Finding of the Snipe - June 5, 2014 8:00
- Dispatch from Attu: To the End of the Aleutians - June 3, 2014 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: January 31, 2014 - January 31, 2014 8:00