If you’re going to be anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic this Thursday, September 12, I invite you to join me, ABA Board Chair Lou Morrell, and a host of notable guests including Delaware Governor Jack Markell and Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control Secretary Collin O’Mara in Delaware City, Delaware, for a BIG announcement!
Yes, the ABA is moving its central base of operations. This is a move that has been in the planning stages for years, several more years than I’ve been on the ABA staff, awaiting our finding a really great location and the right combination of local and regional support. In Delaware City’s Central Hotel, we’ve found just that. Stay tuned for much, much more about this exciting development. Of course, I’m aware that with the ABA community being such a geographically and temperamentally diverse group, there will be both fans and critics of a change of this magnitude, though far more of the former, I hope. Mainly, there will be questions. We’ve already been having a lively discussion this morning on the ABA’s Facebook Group. So, please, feel free to ask questions here, too. As always, I’m absolutely committed to building the best ABA possible. I think this is a great step in that direction. I hope to see a good number of you in Delaware City this Thursday!
Latest posts by Jeff Gordon (see all)
- Your Support Makes All the Difference! - December 1, 2016 10:00
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Will We Add Hawaii to the ABA Area? - September 7, 2016 8:00
- Only Eleven More Months Until The Biggest Week 2017! - June 16, 2016 8:00
- Malheur: Why It Matters and What Birders Can Do About It - January 10, 2016 8:00
- Small Town Unites to Aid Baby Flicker - July 4, 2015 8:00