Celebrate National Wildlife Refuge Week! During the week of October 13-19, visit a National Wildlife Refuge, record the species and numbers of birds you see and enter the data on eBird. Refuges need more good data on the bird distribution and usage of their properties, and birders using eBird can be a most valuable source of this information. While you are on the refuge, snap a photo of yourself in front of the Refuge sign and send it to the Refuge Week eBird Challenge Facebook page along with the link to your checklist to be entered to win. The more refuges you visit and the more checklists you submit increase your chances of winning. In fact, if your picture shows a current duck stamp, we’ll give you double the entries!
Prizes will be announced soon, but ABA and David Sibley have agreed to offer incentives to get you out in the field and using our refuge system. .
To find a refuge near you visit: http://www.fws.gov/refuges/ (enter your zip code on the right).
To join the ranks of birders contributing to citizen science create an eBird account at ebird.org.
To buy a duck stamp, visit your local post office or websites such as:
Get out there and submit those checklists!
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- #ABArare – White-throated Needletail – Alaska - June 30, 2015 6:45
- Blog Birding #241 - June 29, 2015 8:00
- Monitoring a Shearwater Die-off in the Bahamas and How You Can Help - June 27, 2015 8:00
- Make Birders Count: Buy Your Duck Stamp Through the ABA in 2015 - June 26, 2015 11:45
- Rare Bird Alert: June 26, 2015 - June 26, 2015 8:00