When birding in an unfamiliar area, knowing what to expect and exactly where to go is important. In the past that meant acquiring phone numbers or the good fortune of running into helpful birders in the field. But those are no longer the only options.
In the current issue of A Birder’s Guide to Travel, Diana Doyle shares with us some great tips on how to use modern technology to make the most out of your travel…before even setting foot out of your front door. Increasingly, that means apps!
Surely there’s something you’ve found helpful which Diana didn’t mention, app or not. Please, share your own tips with other ABA members here, in the comment section below this post. Happy (and productive) travels!
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Listing & Taxonomy, 2014 - October 21, 2014 8:00
- 2014 AOU Check-list Supplement is Out! - July 30, 2014 3:56
- “Conservation Milestones” Debuts! - July 2, 2014 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Conservation & Community, 2014 - June 18, 2014 8:00
- Your turn: Birding Urban Arizona - April 13, 2014 8:00