When birding in an unfamiliar area, knowing what to expect and exactly where to go is important. In the past that meant acquiring phone numbers or the good fortune of running into helpful birders in the field. But those are no longer the only options.
In the current issue of A Birder’s Guide to Travel, Diana Doyle shares with us some great tips on how to use modern technology to make the most out of your travel…before even setting foot out of your front door. Increasingly, that means apps!
Surely there’s something you’ve found helpful which Diana didn’t mention, app or not. Please, share your own tips with other ABA members here, in the comment section below this post. Happy (and productive) travels!
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- YOUR TURN: Making the Most of Your Next Birding Tour - March 26, 2015 8:00
- 2015–2016 Pelagic Directory online now! - March 25, 2015 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Travel, 2015 - March 18, 2015 8:00
- YOUR TURN: Traveling Light - January 18, 2015 8:00
- YOUR TURN: Getting the Most out of Your Camera - January 17, 2015 8:00