When birding in an unfamiliar area, knowing what to expect and exactly where to go is important. In the past that meant acquiring phone numbers or the good fortune of running into helpful birders in the field. But those are no longer the only options.
In the current issue of A Birder’s Guide to Travel, Diana Doyle shares with us some great tips on how to use modern technology to make the most out of your travel…before even setting foot out of your front door. Increasingly, that means apps!
Surely there’s something you’ve found helpful which Diana didn’t mention, app or not. Please, share your own tips with other ABA members here, in the comment section below this post. Happy (and productive) travels!
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Travel, 2017 - March 28, 2017 8:00
- A Crashless Course in Avoiding Bird Collisions - February 7, 2017 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Gear, 2016 - November 25, 2016 8:00
- To Be a Species or Not To Be a Species? - October 17, 2016 8:00
- It’s a Family Affair - October 13, 2016 8:00