With the decrease in size and cost, and the increase in availability and ease-of-use, recording equipment is finding its way into the hands of more and more birders. As Andrew Spencer tells us in the 2013 issue of Birder’s Guide to Listing and Taxonomy, this is having a real impact on our understanding of bird taxonomy, especially among the suboscine passerines. Everyday “Jane Birders” are actually changing the field guides!
Do you have your own bird recording story to share, or a question about something in the article? I invite you to share your comments on Andrew’s article below.
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Gear, 2015 - December 10, 2015 8:00
- YOUR TURN: Clarifying What Counts - December 8, 2015 8:00
- YOUR TURN: Understanding Phylogenetics - December 5, 2015 8:00
- How should we pronounce Trindade? - November 5, 2015 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Listing & Taxonomy, 2015 - October 8, 2015 8:00