Much of the current issue of Birder’s Guide to Gear is about new technologies and how they can make your birding better. But sometimes, there really is no reinventing the wheel. In “Field Sketching”, bird artist, author, and field biologist Sophie Webb explains why—even in 2013—you should probably be taking a pencil and paper with you when you go birding. She also offers a bunch of suggestions on which supplies you should consider (see below).
To read Sophie’s article, and the entire issue of Birder’s Guide to Gear online (and for free!), just click here. Please share any questions you have for Sophie, and tips you may have on camera settings, in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Listing & Taxonomy, 2015 - October 8, 2015 8:00
- Moving forward: increasing racial diversity in birding - August 13, 2015 8:00
- 2015 AOU Supplement is Out! - July 2, 2015 9:57
- Memories from ABA’s 2015 Spearfish Rally - July 2, 2015 8:00
- “Conservation Milestones”, v. 2015 - June 9, 2015 8:00