Much of the current issue of Birder’s Guide to Gear is about new technologies and how they can make your birding better. But sometimes, there really is no reinventing the wheel. In “Field Sketching”, bird artist, author, and field biologist Sophie Webb explains why—even in 2013—you should probably be taking a pencil and paper with you when you go birding. She also offers a bunch of suggestions on which supplies you should consider (see below).
To read Sophie’s article, and the entire issue of Birder’s Guide to Gear online (and for free!), just click here. Please share any questions you have for Sophie, and tips you may have on camera settings, in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- 2014 AOU Check-list Supplement is Out! - July 30, 2014 3:56
- “Conservation Milestones” Debuts! - July 2, 2014 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Conservation & Community, 2014 - June 18, 2014 8:00
- Your turn: Birding Urban Arizona - April 13, 2014 8:00
- Your turn: Birding Vancouver Island - April 12, 2014 8:00