With the proliferation of smartphones (and their built-in cameras), bird photography has never been easier and more accessible. Still, getting a photo of a bird with a smartphone and a telescope can be challenging. This issue of Birder’s Guide to Gear features “Smartphone Digiscoping”, by Sharon Stiteler.
As you san see (on the right), Sharon reviews a variety of digiscoping adapters. That’s great, but she also gives you great information on digiscoping in general. (Did you know that you can use your earbuds as a remote shutter release? I didn’t!) And she shows us what we can do with video-digiscoping, too.
To read Sharon’s the article, just click here. The entire issue is available online. And don’t forget to leave your own digiscoping tips and questions below!
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- A Crashless Course in Avoiding Bird Collisions - February 7, 2017 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Gear, 2016 - November 25, 2016 8:00
- To Be a Species or Not To Be a Species? - October 17, 2016 8:00
- It’s a Family Affair - October 13, 2016 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Listing & Taxonomy, 2016 - October 12, 2016 8:00