With the proliferation of smartphones (and their built-in cameras), bird photography has never been easier and more accessible. Still, getting a photo of a bird with a smartphone and a telescope can be challenging. This issue of Birder’s Guide to Gear features “Smartphone Digiscoping”, by Sharon Stiteler.
As you san see (on the right), Sharon reviews a variety of digiscoping adapters. That’s great, but she also gives you great information on digiscoping in general. (Did you know that you can use your earbuds as a remote shutter release? I didn’t!) And she shows us what we can do with video-digiscoping, too.
To read Sharon’s the article, just click here. The entire issue is available online. And don’t forget to leave your own digiscoping tips and questions below!
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- 2014 AOU Check-list Supplement is Out! - July 30, 2014 3:56
- “Conservation Milestones” Debuts! - July 2, 2014 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Conservation & Community, 2014 - June 18, 2014 8:00
- Your turn: Birding Urban Arizona - April 13, 2014 8:00
- Your turn: Birding Vancouver Island - April 12, 2014 8:00