Here are three images that appear in the “Featured Photo” column of the May/June 2014 issue of Birding. We won’t tell you quite yet which of these is actually the main featured photo! You’ll have to read the print version of Birding to find out.
For now, let’s have some fun with these three photos. They’re all gnatcatchers (Polioptila spp.) photographed in the USA. We’re dealing here with three different individuals, although not necessarily three different species.
What species do you think they are?
Latest posts by Ted Floyd (see all)
- The Big Night, Take 2 - June 21, 2016 8:00
- ICYMI: Indeterminacy - June 15, 2016 8:00
- A Feeling for the Organism - June 1, 2016 8:00
- Birding Apps 2.0 - April 20, 2016 8:00
- The Least-Identified Birds in the ABA Area: Thoughts on the Featured Photo, April 2016 Birding - April 18, 2016 8:00