I don’t know about you, but spending a week comparing tripod legs and heads isn’t my idea of a good time. I’d rather be poring over a phylogenetic tree. To each zir own! And how could I possibly get that many tripods all at once to compare, anyway? Thankfully for me, there are gear heads who really get into that stuff. And even more fortunate is that one of those people is Bill Schmoker, who’s also an excellent writer, birder, and photographer.
Thanks to the folks at Eagle Optics, Bill was able to compare a long list of the latest tripods and tripod heads in his recent article, “Propping It All Up“, which appears in the most recent issue of Birder’s Guide to Gear. If you’re in the market for a tripod, Bill’s article is a great resource to help you whittle down the options. Just click here to access the article online. Free online access to Birder’s Guide is just one of the resources the ABA provides to the birding community at large.
Have you recently been shopping for a tripod? Do you have an observation to share? What did you end up picking, and why? Please share with us in the comment section, below.
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- A Crashless Course in Avoiding Bird Collisions - February 7, 2017 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Gear, 2016 - November 25, 2016 8:00
- To Be a Species or Not To Be a Species? - October 17, 2016 8:00
- It’s a Family Affair - October 13, 2016 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Listing & Taxonomy, 2016 - October 12, 2016 8:00