The 2016 issue of Birder’s Guide to Conservation & Community features an article written by Tiffany Kersten called “Nest Attentiveness: Brooding and Fledging Young Birders”. Within, Tiffany explains why she believes cultivating the next generation of birders–such as via the ABA’s Youth Birding Program–is so important.
It’s a belief the ABA is staunchly supportive of, and why we’re currently trying to raise $25,000 in our Nesting Season Appeal to help fund our Young Birder Program. We are very close–only down $2,900!–and we can make it all the way with your donation. You can be the person who puts us over the top!
If you’re an ABA member, this issue of Birder’s Guide may have already arrived at you doorstep. But you won’t find Tiffany’s article printed there. Hers is one of three articles that we are excited to offer online-only. By featuring content online, we are able to offer content above and beyond what’s possible with the printed magazine. Access to the online content is simple: click here. It’s free and just one of the many services the ABA offers the birding community. If you enjoy Birder’s Guide but aren’t yet a member of the ABA, consider signing up. You’ll be helping to make sure that resources like Birder’s Guide are available for years to come.
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Gear, 2016 - November 25, 2016 8:00
- To Be a Species or Not To Be a Species? - October 17, 2016 8:00
- It’s a Family Affair - October 13, 2016 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Listing & Taxonomy, 2016 - October 12, 2016 8:00
- Genesis: How the Gay Birders of North America Came to Be - July 9, 2016 8:00