The 2016 issue of Birder’s Guide to Conservation & Community features an article written by Bill Rapai called “Connecting Community with Conservation to Secure a Future for Kirtland’s Warbler”. With the article, Bill explains how the Kirtland’s Warbler Alliance is working with local communities–such as through its Jack Pine Planting Day–to increase habitat for and awareness of Kirtland’s Warbler.
If you’re an ABA member, this issue of Birder’s Guide may have already arrived at you doorstep. If you’re not an ABA member, you can still read Bill’s article by accessing it online. Simply click here. It’s free and just one of the many services the ABA offers the birding community. Do you enjoy Birder’s Guide but aren’t yet a member? Consider joining a community of other birds like you by signing up to be an ABA member. You’ll be helping to make sure that resources like Birder’s Guide are available for years to come.
Do you have questions about the Jack Pine Planting Day or the Kirtland’s Warbler alliance in general? Please ask in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Michael Retter (see all)
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Gear, 2016 - November 25, 2016 8:00
- To Be a Species or Not To Be a Species? - October 17, 2016 8:00
- It’s a Family Affair - October 13, 2016 8:00
- SNEAK PEEK! Birder’s Guide to Listing & Taxonomy, 2016 - October 12, 2016 8:00
- Genesis: How the Gay Birders of North America Came to Be - July 9, 2016 8:00