“Forty life birds before breakfast!”
The ABA and Caligo Ventures are giving away a 5-night stay for TWO at the famed Asa Wright Nature Centre of Trinidad and a $500 travel voucher.
Considered by many to be the finest introduction to birding in the New World Tropics, birders new to the tropics could tally forty birds before breakfast their first morning – right from the verandah!
You will be picked up at the Port of Spain airport, and enjoy the expertise of local guides as you explore Caroni National Park, Trinidad’s Northern Range, the Aripo Savanna, and more. On extensive trails around the Centre, you will discover species difficult to see elsewhere: Bearded Bellbirds, Golden-headed and White-bearded Manakins, and the Oilbird, an odd, nocturnal, fruit eating species. You will also have the chance to witness the stunning flight of Scarlet Ibis, and the rich colors of the tiny Tufted Coquette. From April to July, you can even find nesting Leatherback Turtles serving as a bonus to spectacular birding.
Your trip will include:
- Airport transfers to and from the Port of Spain (POS) airport
- 5 nights at the Asa Wright Nature Centre for two, double occupancy
- All meals during your stay; enjoy tropical fruits and Trini cuisine
- Access to the 270+ acre Springhill Estate, a conservation property protected by Asa Wright Nature Centre
- Walks and Evening Programs Centre’s expert birding guides and naturalists
- Early morning coffee and tea with a naturalist on the Verandah
- Daily afternoon tea and snacks, and a complimentary rum punch on the Verandah
- Three off-site outings around Trinidad with the Centre’s world-class birding guides
This trip will be awarded to one of the top three ABA recruiters for 2016. There are just 2 months left in the contest and the top recruiters are (1st: 11 recruits; 2nd: 10 recruits; 3rd: 2 recruits). Can you get 3 new members to sign up? For more information about this recruitment contest, see www.aba.org/bigyear16/.
Latest posts by David Hartley (see all)
- March Membership Drawing, Good Birders Still Don’t Wear White - March 9, 2017 4:16
- Leica Binocular and Peterson Field Guide Winners - March 8, 2017 1:50
- Announcing the ABA’s Big Year Membership Contest Winners - January 19, 2017 3:25
- Final Days to Win Trips to Panama, Trinidad, and the Zeiss Victory SF Binocular - December 29, 2016 2:53
- Eagle Optics Ranger Binocular Giveaway - December 20, 2016 1:30