American Birding Podcast Episode 2 is available now!
My guest this time around is Scott Somershoe, Land Bird Coordinator for the US Fish & Wildlife Service, whose recent work has him surveying populations of our 2016 Bird of the Year Chestnut-collared Longspur and other shortgrass species in Colorado and Montana. We send off our 2016 Bird of the Year by talking about why this habitat is so important, what we need to find out about these birds, and what birders can do to help.
Plus, Greg Neise and Ted Floyd discuss identification of Canada and Cackling Geese, with some tips you might be able to apply to your Christmas Bird Count.
Subscribe to the podcast at iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play, and if please leave a review if you are so included! It definitely helps people find us. You can also suggest names for our final segment in the comments section here.
Thanks for listening!
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Rare Bird Alert: April 21, 2017 - April 21, 2017 8:00
- American Birding Podcast: 2017 Splits and Lumps, The AOS Episode - April 20, 2017 8:00
- Blog Birding #316 - April 17, 2017 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: April 14, 2017 - April 14, 2017 8:00
- #ABArare – Cuban Vireo – Florida - April 12, 2017 8:00