Because of your support, 2016 has been a wonderful year for the American Birding Association. We’ve seen continuing growth and gains in our membership, in our programs, and in our reputation and influence as a community.
The end of the year is a crucial time for us. We need you, birding’s most passionate supporters, to step up and help us keep moving forward. Without your support, it won’t happen.
There’s so much exciting that has happened this year. For example, this year we were able to offer three young birder camps, filling them with the kids who are the future of our community – and we were proud to offer scholarship assistance to all those who needed it. Just a few years ago, we were only able to offer one camp. That’s a huge amount of progress and it’s possible thanks to you, our members and donors.
Speaking of members, we again added nearly 1,000 birders to our ranks over the past 12 months, as we did in 2015. That growth helps us work toward our mission in every way, but it doesn’t happen without effort, creativity, and yes, money.
And recently, my inbox has been filling up even more than usual with accolades for our membership publications, Birding and the Birder’s Guide series. So I know you’re enjoying those. I hope you also enjoy knowing that Birder’s Guide is available online to anyone, free, as are a cornucopia of other resources.
Latest posts by Jeff Gordon (see all)
- New and Noteworthy: Swarovski’s BTX Provides an Eye-opening Scope Experience - March 3, 2017 2:12
- ICYMI: We Love The Jerk? - January 24, 2017 8:00
- Your Support Makes All the Difference! - December 1, 2016 10:00
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Will We Add Hawaii to the ABA Area? - September 7, 2016 8:00
- Only Eleven More Months Until The Biggest Week 2017! - June 16, 2016 8:00