The 2016 ABA’s Big Year Membership Contest has come to a close and all of the prizes have been awarded. This was a contest in which members were tasked with recruiting new members. Zeiss, Caligo Ventures, and Canopy Family Panama stepped up to award our top three recruiters with some pretty fabulous prizes. Fifteen members worked hard to bring 73 new members into the organization.
Our top recruiter, bringing in 19 new members, was Wesley Homoya of West Lafayette, IN. Wes chose the 5-night stay for two at the Asa Wright Nature Centre in Trinidad and Tobago plus a $500 travel voucher.
Our second top recruiter, bringing in 17 new members, was Andrew Dettling of Canton, MI. Andy chose the Zeiss Victory SF Binocular.
And, our third top recruiter, bringing in 15 new members, was Sharon Stiteler (a.k.a Birdchick) of Minneapolis, MN. Birdchick was awarded the 7-night stay for one at Canopy Tower in Panama plus a $500 travel voucher.
The winner of the December drawing for the Eagle Optics Ranger binocular was Flint Greil of Bloomington, IL.
Congratulations to our recruiters and welcome to all of our new members!
Latest posts by David Hartley (see all)
- March Membership Drawing, Good Birders Still Don’t Wear White - March 9, 2017 4:16
- Leica Binocular and Peterson Field Guide Winners - March 8, 2017 1:50
- Announcing the ABA’s Big Year Membership Contest Winners - January 19, 2017 3:25
- Final Days to Win Trips to Panama, Trinidad, and the Zeiss Victory SF Binocular - December 29, 2016 2:53
- Eagle Optics Ranger Binocular Giveaway - December 20, 2016 1:30