The American Birding Association has been proud to support the American Birding Expo, a showcase for products for birders and nature enthusiasts featuring vendors from around the world. You can read about the experience from the perspective of one of our own with Greg Neise’s photo gallery last year.
For the past two years the Expo has been held in Columbus, Ohio, at the lovely Grange Insurance Audubon Center, but this year they’re moving east for a bigger event for more people. The 2017 American Birding Expo will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from September 29 – October 1, 2017.
This move puts the Expo right in the middle of one of the highest concentrations of birders in North America, not more than a stone’s throw from the headquarters of the Delaware Valley Ornithological Society, the Cape May Bird Observatory, and the ABA’s Delaware City headquarters. So to say we’re excited about having this even in our backyard would be an understatement.
So if you are in the area, please check out the American Birding Expo website for more information and updates as the event takes shape. And be sure to watch this video retrospective of last year’s event.
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Rare Bird Alert: February 24, 2017 - February 24, 2017 8:00
- American Birding Podcast: Lang Elliott on Natural Soundscapes - February 23, 2017 8:00
- Missing your BOY Stickers? Let us Know! - February 22, 2017 8:00
- 2017 AOS Classification Committee Proposals, Part 2 - February 21, 2017 8:00
- Blog Birding #308 - February 20, 2017 8:00