The next episode of the American Birding Podcast is live!
Nathan Pieplow’s new field guide is a departure from the traditional book of bird images. It depicts images of bird sounds as spectrograms, showcasing the diversity of vocalizations in North America. Nathan joins me to talk about his book, the Peterson Field Guide to Bird Sounds of Eastern North America, and the need for birders to establish a common vocabulary for bird sounds.
Also Greg Neise and Ted Floyd check back in during the waning days of winter to talk snowbird diversity. Juncos are one of the most fascinating groups of birds on the continent and now is a great time to appreciate them.
Plus, the ABA is excited about the new book Good Birders Still Don’t Wear White. Join now and you could win a copy!
If you are interested in sponsoring an episode of this podcast, and reaching the thousands of birders who listen to it, please be in touch with John Lowry at jlowry AT aba.org
Latest posts by Nate Swick (see all)
- Rare Bird Alert: April 21, 2017 - April 21, 2017 8:00
- American Birding Podcast: 2017 Splits and Lumps, The AOS Episode - April 20, 2017 8:00
- Blog Birding #316 - April 17, 2017 8:00
- Rare Bird Alert: April 14, 2017 - April 14, 2017 8:00
- #ABArare – Cuban Vireo – Florida - April 12, 2017 8:00